Monday, October 25, 2010

Failure to Blog Anonymous

There are plenty of anonymous groups out there: alcoholics, narcotics, workaholics, etc. Where is the failure to blog anonymous? My drafts folder is plagued by multiple blog entries that contain two lines or less. I started writing, life happened and I was distracted and I never went back and finished. When I do have a chunk of time, I can't ever figure out where to start. I have been working the last month to bring normalcy back in my life.

I yearn for the days when my life consisted of only mothering 5 children and my special projects were teaching families to budget their money and getting groups of moms together. Fast forward 24 months where almost any moment that is not spent on keeping my six kids alive is spent on keeping Andy a float (see http://www.alligatordental.com/, Andy is the name of the gator).

Now I feel like my special projects are shaving my legs and plucking my eyebrows. Part of my 10 step plan back to normalcy is to begin blogging again. I need some good memories on how fun and exciting my life actually is, not just how tired I am all the time.

And so begins a return to normalcy.

10 comments:

Rebecca said...

WAHOO!!!

P.S. What is "normalcy" and is there really such a thing???!

McEntire Family said...

I love the comment before - what is normal? You never cease to amaze me!

McEntire Family said...

WOW! I just went to Dr. Al's website - you guys have an incredible setup. Wish we were closer, looks like my kids might like the dentist if we could come to Alligator Dental.

Team Carroll said...

Glad you're back! I have to say, you made quite a mark in those "normal" days back in OH. I have copied you and started a couple of lunch groups similar to what we had at your place. Thankfully, no impromptu haircuts or nosebleeds have ensued yet, but it has to only be a matter of time!! Miss you and hope we see each other again someday! :) I'm so grateful for technology that makes it possible to still keep in touch across the miles.

The Moarefdoust Family said...

Welcome back - I've missed you!! An updated family picture would be a nice post. :o)

April said...

I agree with the McEntire Family, Alligator Dental looks amazing! I'll join you in Failure to Blog Anonymous, it's been awhile for me too. "Hi, I'm April and I have failed to blog."

I saw this song on youtube and thought of you guys, super cute!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaD8xat6VDw&feature=player_embedded#!

Lindsey said...

I'm so glad; your posts crack me up! I was thinking about you the other day; I wish you were my neighbor.

Maren said...

Lisa, I stumbled across your blog and I am so happy that I did. 6 kids?! Wow you and Al must be exhausted! I hope that you are able to find a few minutes here and there to post because you are too funny.

Maren said...

Oh and your cousin Elder Theurer from Oregan is serving in our ward. I knew he had to be related with that spelling. What a small world!

Deanna said...

I need to join your failure to blog anonymous too. I'm working through the 12 steps now. Step one for me has to be...don't feel like you have to write about everything that has happened since the lst time you blogged....