Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Pancake Sick

Caleb told me that he couldn't go to school today because he was "pancake sick". Apparently while was eating his last bite of pancakes this morning he started coughing and that combination caused something in his body that was going to prevent him from going to school. I couldn't get any other side effects out of him other than he was sick. I told him he was going anyway.

I did go in and explain to his teacher that if pancake sick became vomit sick that I would be right there to get him.

On second thought, I really should have let him stay home today. As I type this, I am remembering a tramatic experience that I had in the second grade when I became pancake-vomit-sick during school lunch when my mom told me that I was well enough to go to school. I have felt jaded since that experience that she wouldn't let me stay home that day. I think I better understand where she was coming from.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Isn't if funny how things like that have haunted us into adulthood. I told Lorelei that she would have to wear Jacob's old black snow boots rather than me buying her new ones. She looked at them, frowned and said, "They aren't very pretty." And then I caved because I had to wear my brothers' ugly snow boots and I just couldn't do it to her. She now has lovely pink boots with fur on the top. What do we do? Hope the pancake sick is contagious.