Monday, January 17, 2011

4 days later...

I learned an awesome household trick 6 months ago. If there is a stain you can't get out of clothes, set the clothes in the sun and sometime, just sometimes it will come out. It is my Hail Mary of laundry. If nothing else works I just set it outside for a day or so. (Anything that has the set-it and forget it theme, I am game for). If the stain come out, the clothing item is welcome back in the house, if not it usually goes to the trash or goodwill pile. Occasionally I will hope for the "maybe if I just wash it enough times, the stain will eventually disappear, and until then I will just ignore it."

This week was a particularly difficult laundry week and 4 items ended up outside in exile. Luck would have it that it has rained every day since then and the clothes are still soaked. I don't even think the sun has peaked out.

Four days later and I have stained, soaked, smelly clothes. Pretty sure that isn't an improvement.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Maybe not an improvement, but it can't be much worse. Cheer up the sun will come out tomorrow, or least sometime in the next month, right? Have I told you how much I miss having you around? Why is Texas so far from Idaho? Greg keeps telling me I need to be the Lisa of Parma. And I tell him, "I don't have enough energy to be the Lisa of Parma, I need Lisa to be the Lisa of Parma." Remember Scrapbook Mondays? Those were the days.

Oh and have you tried oxyclean and soaking forever? Works 98% of the time and you don't have to deal with the weather.

Lisa said...

The sun magic happens after the oxyclean soak and another wash! I can't believe how dirty my kids can get things!

I miss Scrapbook Mondays! Too bad Parma isn't warmer or closer to Texas!

P.s. Instead of feeling guilty about not washing my curtains, I just stopped putting them up. I haven't had them for years but I think I am ready to make the plunge again!

Courtney said...

I agree- if it's simple I'm game, otherwise it ends up in the trash. You guys look great! I can't believe how old your kids are.
One more thing- the sun thing generally works well with anything organic- grass stains, fruits, vegetables. I still haven't gotten mud out. Any ideas?